Agony of mum bitten by spider at home

A WOMAN was hospitalised after being bitten by a spider in her home.

Spider bite | During her stay the blister expanded to the size of a golf ball. (Image | This Is Hull And East Riding)
Spider bite | During her stay the blister expanded to the size of a golf ball. (Image | This Is Hull And East Riding)

Julie Roberts, 41, was fed antibiotics on a drip and kept in for four days after being left in agony.

The mum of four had been resting her feet on the sofa when the white spider bit into her ankle.

She went to work the next day but was soon barely able to walk and given tablets by her GP.

After her condition worsened and the bite began to swell up, the secretary was rushed to Hull Royal Infirmary, East Yorks.

During her stay it grew to the size of a golf ball — and burst twice.

Julie, of Hull, said: “It turned white and continued to grow and grow.

“The doctor said it could have poisoned my blood. The whole thing was really scary.”

She was eventually discharged but says she now has a morbid fear of creepy crawlies.

Julie added: “Before if I saw a spider I would happily leave it. Now I’m petrified of them.

“You expect to hear things like this in Australia or Africa, but not in England.”

Article written and sub edited by myself


Originally published in The Sun on Sunday September 15 2013.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s