QPRnet assistant editor
I have been the assistant editor of QPRnet, a Queens Park Rangers supporters’ website, since April. My responsibilities include producing match reports, previews, news and feature articles. This role also requires me to upload stories via the site’s content management system.
My writing for QPRnet primarily consists of match previews, which are produced prior to every game home and away. These generally range from 1,250 words to 1,750 words in length, and assess recent results, analyse the opposition in depth and offer a score prediction as well as team news.
To view my portfolio of articles, visit the following page on QPRnet. A full list of my pieces for QPRnet is available below, including the date each piece was published and page links.
A number of the following articles have also been published on the homepage of This Chemical World.
- The Pre-Match Warm Up | Swansea City v QPR, Saturday February 9 2013 – A week on from the penalty despair against the Canaries, the Rs head down the M4 for a tricky clash with Capital One Cup finalists Swansea City.
- The Pre-Match Warm Up | QPR v Norwich City, Saturday February 2 2013 – Despite their heroics against the Citizens, the Superhoops remain in dire need of three points as “bogey side” Norwich City roll into town.
- The Pre-Match Warm Up | QPR v Manchester City, Tuesday January 29 2013 – Champions Man City, yet to concede a goal in 2013, face a Rangers side that has been similarly miserly this month.
- The Pre-Match Warm Up | QPR v Milton Keynes Dons, Friday January 25 2013 – League One side MK Dons travel down the M1 to take on the Rs, who saw off Premier League opposition in the previous round.
- The Pre-Match Warm Up | West Ham United v QPR, Friday January 18 2013 – Big Sam and West Ham are the next test for QPR, who remain unbeaten in 2013.
- The Pre-Match Warm Up | West Bromwich Albion v QPR, Tuesday January 15 2013 – A look ahead to a replay nobody wanted at The Hawthorns for a place in the fourth round that would do little to boost the Rs’ survival prospects.
- The Big New Year Warm Up | QPR face Chelsea and West Brom, Tuesday January 1 2013 – Rangers hope for better luck against the West Midlands side after they come up against the champions of Europe.
- Rangers handed brutal Boxing Day beating by the Baggies, Thursday December 27 2012 – Chris Brunt scores a piledriver from distance as West Brom continue their excellent run of results in W12.
- The Big Christmas Warm Up, Monday December 24 2012 – West Bromwich Albion and Liverpool are in town over a festive period that could prove decisive in the battle at the bottom.
- Supersub Shola buries QPR as away slump continues, Sunday December 23 2012 – A late strike from Magpies forward Ameobi sees off the visitors at St. James’ Park in a game of few chances.
- The Pre-Match Warm Up | Newcastle United v QPR, Friday December 21 2012 – Hot on the heels of a first three points of the season last weekend, the Rs travel north to take on the Magpies.
- The Pre-Match Warm Up | QPR v Fulham, Friday December 14 2012 – A west London derby looms for Rangers as the Cottagers come to Loftus Road for an intriguing clash.
- The Pre-Match Warm Up | QPR v Aston Villa, Friday November 30 2012 – Redknapp looks for his first win as Rs boss in front of a buoyant home crowd against a patchy Villa.
- The Pre-Match Warm Up | Sunderland v QPR, Monday November 26 2012 – Harry Redknapp takes charge of his first game as Rangers look to stop the rot away to the goal-shy Black Cats.
- Mark Hughes departs, leaving that familiar manager-less feeling…, Friday November 23 2012 – Hughes is sacked by Fernandes after a catastrophic winless run a day before the crunch clash with United.
- The Pre-Match Warm Up | Manchester United v QPR, Friday November 23 2012 – Rangers face the Red Devils and could be on the end of a hiding at Old Trafford.
- The Pre-Match Warm Up | QPR v Southampton, Thursday November 15 2012 – It’s “el sackico” time as Nigel Adkins and Mark Hughes square up to each other, with the winner keeping their job.
- The Pre-Match Warm Up | QPR v Reading, Saturday November 3 2012 – A right Royal occasion as the league’s bottom two sides face off in a must-win clash.
- The Pre-Match Warm Up | Arsenal v QPR, Thursday October 25 2012 – Gunning for their first win of the season, QPR travel to north London to take on Arsenal.
- The Pre-Match Warm Up | QPR v Everton, Saturday October 20 2012 – Two points from seven games and the pressure is beginning to build.
- The Pre-Match Warm Up | West Bromwich Albion v QPR, Friday October 5 2012 – High-flying West Brom are next up for the struggling Superhoops.
- The Pre-Match Warm Up | Tottenham Hotspur v QPR, Saturday September 22 2012 – Alarm bells are beginning to ring for the Rs, who have yet to record a Premier League victory.
- QPR hold firm to blunt Blues’ title charge, Sunday September 16 2012 – Chelsea are held by Rangers as they fail to score at Loftus Road in the league for the second year in a row.
- Rangers rally but slump to defeat against the champions, Sunday September 2 2012 – Roberto Mancini’s men make slightly easier work of QPR this time around, beating the west Londoners 3-1 at the Etihad Stadium.
- Wretched Rangers destroyed by silky Swansea, Sunday August 19 2012 – The Swans wreak havoc on the Rs’ new recruits as the hosts are utterly humiliated on the opening day.
- QPR: the new fantasy football, Thursday August 2 2012 – With a flurry of impressive new signings, the Superhoops are staking their claim to be a fantasy football side in their own right.
- The week in QPR | A walk in the Park and the Perfect 10, Thursday July 12 2012 – Former Manchester United midfielder Ji-sung Park gets the armband, as Adel Taarabt is rightly handed the famous No. 10 shirt.
- The captain dilemma: who should lead the new look QPR?, Sunday July 1 2012 – Following Barton’s recent escapades, the candidates to replace him as captain are assessed and compared.
- Euro 2012 top five: I hope Hughes is watching, Friday June 15 2012 – With the European Championships in full swing, there are a number of players the gaffer should be eyeing up for the coming season.
- Ignoring the elephant in the room, let’s move forward, Monday May 28 2012 – Hope springs eternal despite the furore surrounding Joey Barton.
- Rangers must rebuild and ditch the egos, Wednesday May 16 2012 – The club simply cannot afford to make the same transfer mistakes it has done in the past.
- We live in strange times, Monday May 7 2012 – After the incredible victory over Stoke City, can the Rs still do it?
- The FA Cup may have lost its magic, but QPR are the new giant killers, Monday April 23 2012 – Impressive wins against Arsenal, Tottenham Hotspur and Liverpool have made Loftus Road a fortress once again.